Your browser version is outdated. We recommend that you update your browser to the latest version.

Paper copies of the documents on the website are available from the office upon request.

Translate this page

For Braille, large print or audio, please contact us.

Service Pupils

The majority of our pupils are from service families and we offer lots of support and provision to help the children deal with some of the challenges that this can pose. More details of our work can be found in our prospectus, or by speaking to a member of the Senior Leadership Team.

Our Service Pupil Premium page contains extensive details about our work in school to support children from service backgrounds. 

Moving from or to Scotland?

The MOD’s Directorate Children & Young People (DCYP) have developed resources to assist Service families with moves into and from the Scottish education system:

  •  has been developed in partnership with the Association of Directors of Education Scotland (ADES).
  • A guide about Scottish Education written for parents by the MOD’s Children’s Education Advisory Service. Please click this link

DCYP also fund a National transitions officer for Scotland, who is based with ADES and the Royal Caledonian Education Trust. Her role is specifically focusing on improving transitions both into and out of the Scottish Education System. In addition DCYP have a Parent Support Officer for Scotland who is employed directly to support Service families in Scotland.  Any enquiries should be addressed to

Other organisations to provide support and information.

The Royal British Legion have produced a leaflet providing guidance to parents of service pupils. This can be found here:

RBL - Service Pupils' Education Guide

We regularly engage with a wide variety of events etc. specifically for service pupils, for example Armed Forces Day, and the Ripon Cathedral Remembrance Event. Please see below for a link to a gallery and video of these!

Gallery of SPC Events 

Little Troopers is a registered charity supporting all children with parents serving in the British Armed Forces, regular or reserve. They provide fundamental resources, initiatives and events to ease and aid repeated separation periods aiming to keep parent and child connected and bonded even when miles apart. They provide a consistent support approach to service children regardless of their parents' service, rank, regular / reserve forces, marital status - all their support is accessible wherever in the world families are based or choose to live. 

Little Troopers' Website


Children's Education Advisory Service

The Children's Education Advisory Service (CEAS) provides expert and impartial advice about the education of service children.

Service Pupils' Champion

A great source of signposting and support is the local Service Pupils' Champion, Annabel Hall. Annabel works in this local area to support service children and their families in a wide variety of ways. She is always happy to meet with families who need support, have concerns, are new to the area, or simply need a bit of advice, and aims to contact new families within a term of their arrival at Leeming. Annabel herself is from a service family, so she really understands and has experienced the impact that the military lifestyle has on children – both the positives, and the challenges. She also runs the HMS Heroes initiative in this area, a great supportive group for service children.


To find out more or to contact Annabel, please either call 07816 648163, email her at, or grab a leaflet from outside the office.  


Armed Forces Covenant

The Armed Forces Covenant can help parents to secure the best possible education for their children. This can be particularly helpful for when families are moving away from Leeming. More details can be found below:

Yes, No, Maybe - the Armed Forces Covenant.


Parent Support Advisor

We have access to a North Yorkshire Parent Support Advisor, who works with many of our families. They are able to assist with a wide range of issues from children's behaviour to money worries and domestic abuse.

If you would like to talk an issue through with the PSA, school can make a confidential referral. Talk to your class teacher or a senior member of staff.